layer.Cake is a tribute to OSS. A project with the goal of combining several OSS repos into a single uniform front-end. The heart of this project is Plex and so that will be the design language we adopt for everything else we build. The current road map is to incorporate:
- Plex - Movies, TV, Live TV, Podcasts
- Calibre-Web - eBooks (Completed! - caliBlur)
- Ubooquity - Comics
- Emby - aBooks (Assuming EmBook gets off the ground) and music (assuming the db issues can be resolved... currently there is no GREAT music option as far as I'm concerned)
- Media Butler (coming soon)
- Organizr - The glue that will hold it all together
This is a very ambitious task that i expect to take at least another year to complete, however there are already some fully functional branches. Organizr v1 work can be found here, and caliBlur (UI for calibre-web) can be found here
Obviously none of this would be possible without @causefx and the amazing work he has done with Organizr But much more than that (and on a personal level) his extremely patient and encouraging support in my early days of programming is likely responsible for this never ending rabbit hole I've found myself in; Something I'm very grateful for... most days :P Cheers homie!
And finally, a massive thanks to @hexeth for joining me on this journey and really stretching everything I thought would be possible with this project. This entire thing would have likely ended with organizr if it wasn't for him!