Python in a Notebook
This repository contains a curated collection of Jupyter/IPython Notebooks of introductory materials about programming in Python.
Available notebooks are intended to aid both students and teachers in learning and teaching Python programming, respectively.
In more details, the goals of this project are:
- Introduce students as quickly as possible to the basics of Python programming;
- Introduce best practice as early as possible, while remaining accessible to students with no background in programming at all;
- Provide teachers an easy-to-use material about programming in Python to be used in their lectures
All you need to do to play notebooks is to open a Terminal, and type the following command:
That's it! :)
These notebooks are written primarily in Python 3.
If the default Python on your system is Python 3, then you will have a simpler time contributing to the project. If you only have Python 2, you might want to consider adding Python 3 to your system.
In this regards, you may find useful to take a look at the Programming Environment notebook where you could find links and details on how to set up your environment depending on your platform.
- Python 3.x (2.x would work as well)
- IPython 4.x (with notebook support) or Jupyter:
pip install ipython[notebook](OR)
pip install jupyter
License and Sharing Material
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License.