LesMoffat Dev CV
It's an ongoing project. I intend to keep at it to perfect skills, learn new ones etc.
The app itself is built with the follow tech:
- React, for rendering.
- Next.JS to help with the isomorphic stuff, bundling.
- Styled-jsx, for scoped styling of components.
- WebGL / Shaders / Pixi, for the funimations (see what I did there?).
- Redux, for state management / data-fetching.
- All hosted and deployed with Now.
The API is a REST JSON microservice. Tech used is:
- Micro, for request handling.
- MongoDB Atlas, for data storage.
- MongooseJS for accessing the mongoDB instance.
- NodeMail, notifies me when someone is looking at the CV (I might remove this depending on how spammed I get and just add another MongoDB collection instead).
Todo Tech Stuff (in no particular order)
- MongoDB instance for data storage.
- REST microservice for data fetching. See here
- SSR Caching for prerendered pages.
- Deployment via Now
- Jest / Enzyme Tests.
- Refactor, tidy, make code DRYer.
- Less resource intensive mobile version, not responsive design as the webgl side can be resource heavy.
- Service Worker to fetch and precache assets. (sw-toolbox).
- DNS stuff for subdomains, cv.lesmoffat.co.uk, api.lesmoffat.co.uk.
- .ICS reminder event endpoint to schedule reminder to view CV on desktop.
- GraphQL endpoint to API (potentially not a big enough api as yet, but would be fun to make).
- GraphQL-ify the CV App itself.
- Rebuild the API using something else like Django running in a Docker container, or maybe the Wordpress API (because then I get a CMS for free).
- Electron App? maybe a bit too far, calm down calm down.
- GDPR Compliance.
Todo Content Stuff
- Intro / hello
- DevSkills scene
- SoftSkills scene
- Timeline / work experience scene
- UpNext scene
- Me as a person scene
- References scene
- Outro / bye
- Breadcrumbs / progress nav