Title: GoChat, Type: Native iOS Xcode app in Swift with Cocoapods, Author: Lewis Rashe
iOS iPhone chat app with Firebase authentication and database backend. This is a fully working chat app which allows you to send and receive texts, pictures and videos from other users of the app. I originally named the app GoChat but because of conflicts with uploading the app to the iTunes store as that name was taken I renamed it LChat. Some additional work is necessary to get it past Apple App Store approval as it features "User Generated Content". If you want to install the working version on your iPhone you can download the source code found here and install it through Xcode or msg me so I can send you a working beta.
I made this app entirely from scratch learning how to do it from watching videos online and learning how to use Xcode, Firebase, cocoapods and the JSQMessagesViewController library. Hope to make more apps like this of ever increasing quality as I get better at it.
Anyways if you are interested in iOS app development or in learning it download this source code I have plenty of comments in there if you have any questions shoot me an email at email@example.com or go to my website at www.lewisrashe.com and message me there.
Will add the iTunes download link as soon as version 1.0 gets posted. Currently still in the process of working on getting the app approved because it allows for "User Generated Content" there are specific requirements for getting the app approved and posted on the Apple App Store in the case of such apps as you can see below.
"To resolve this issue, please revise your app to implement all of the following precautions:
- Age rating must reflect 17+
- Require that users agree to terms (EULA) and these terms must make it clear that there is no tolerance for objectionable content or abusive users
- A method for filtering objectionable content
- A mechanism for users to flag objectionable content
- A mechanism for users to block abusive users
- A mechanism for users to immediately remove posts from the feed
- Developer must act on objectionable content reports within 24 hours by removing the content and ejecting the user who provided the offending content
- Developer must provide contact information in the app itself, giving users the ability to report inappropriate activity"