EVCache is a memcached & spymemcached based caching solution that is mainly used for AWS EC2 infrastructure for caching frequently used data.
EVCache is an abbreviation for:
- Ephemeral - The data stored is for a short duration as specified by its TTL (Time To Live).
- Volatile - The data can disappear any time (Evicted).
- Cache - An in-memory key-value store.
- Distributed Key-Value store, i.e., the cache is spread across multiple instances
- AWS Zone-Aware - Data can be replicated across zones.
- Registers and works with [Eureka] (https://github.com/Netflix/eureka/) for automatic discovery of new nodes/services.