raiagent, the third-party Gentoo overlay where Raia and gentlemanly conduct collide.
raiagent publishes well-documented ebuilds unabashedly biased toward technological self-empowerment.1
1. We actually believe most of the specious doggerel tastelessly defibrillating this sentence.
Notable command-line interface (CLI) ebuilds include:
- Powerline, a general-purpose CLI statusline theme with cross-application support (e.g.,
raiagentofficially hosts Powerline ebuilds, co-maintained by a frequent Powerline committer.
- fishman's exuberant-ctags fork, an actively maintained ctags variant with modern language support (e.g., CSS, Objective-C).
raiagentunofficially hosts live ctags ebuilds in lieu of an official release.
Notable peer-to-peer (P2P) ebuilds include:
- ZeroNet, a peer-to-peer web hosting network brokered
with demonetized BitCoin blockchain
semantics distributed over the decentralized
BitTorrent protocol complete with
optional Tor-based traffic anonymization. Yeah. It's pretty special.
raiagentofficially hosts ZeroNet ebuilds.
Notable "enthusiast" ebuilds include:
- Munt, a cross-platform software
synthesiser emulating pre-GM Roland MIDI devices (e.g.,
MT-32) commonly supported by
raiagentunofficially hosts Munt ebuilds.
- VGMPlay, a cross-platform
audio player and converter effectively emulating all sequenced video game
sound chips and hence supporting all sequenced video game music – ever. As
RetroArch is to game
emulation, VGMPlay is to game audio emulation.
raiagentunofficially hosts VGMPlay ebuilds.
Notable ricing (i.e., soft- and/or hardware performance tweaking) ebuilds include:
- phc-k8, an out-of-tree Linux kernel module supporting undervolting of AMD chipsets. Portage's official
phc-k8ebuilds are several years out-of-date and, unsurprisingly, fail to build against modern Linux kernels.
raiagentunofficially hosts well-maintained phc-k8 ebuilds successfully building against all stable gentoo-sources kernels, complete with user-configurable OpenRC startup script and configuration file.
Notable roguelike (i.e., games featuring permanent death as a prominent mechanic) ebuilds include:
- Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead (C:DDA), a post-apocalyptic survival horror roguelike.
raiagentofficially hosts C:DDA ebuilds.
- UnReal World (URW), a Finnish Iron-Age wilderness survival roguelike.
raiagentunofficially hosts URW ebuilds.
Notable scientifical ebuilds include:
- BETSE (Bio Electric Tissue
Simulation Engine), a cross-platform pure-Python CLI-based finite
volume simulator for 2D computational multiphysics problems in the life
sciences coauthored by the author of this
overlay. Needless to say,
raiagentofficially hosts BETSE ebuilds.
- BETSEE (Bio Electric Tissue
Simulation Engine Environment), a cross-platform pure-Python
PySide2-based Qt 5 GUI for
BETSE coauthored by the
author of this overlay. Again,
raiagentofficially hosts BETSEE ebuilds.
raiagent is installable in the usual way. Assuming use of
emerge (and not
that other disreputable fellow), this is:
layman, Gentoo's official overlay manager.
$ emerge layman $ echo 'source /var/lib/layman/make.conf' >> /etc/portage/make.conf
$ layman -a raiagent
$ layman -S
- Nikolai Aleksandrovich Pavlov (ZyX-I), whose gracious contributions to the suite of Powerline ebuilds has been immeasurably invaluable. Thanks, Nikolai. Your Sisyphean efforts will not go unremembered.
leycec, the principal maintainer of
actively contributes to various other first- and third-party Gentoo overlays –