raiagent, the third-party Gentoo overlay where Raia and gentlemanly conduct collide.
raiagent publishes well-documented ebuilds unabashedly biased toward technological self-empowerment.1
1. We actually believe most of the specious doggerel tastelessly defibrillating this sentence.
Notable command-line interface (CLI) ebuilds include:
- Powerline, a general-purpose CLI statusline theme with cross-application support (e.g.,
raiagentofficially hosts Powerline ebuilds, co-maintained by a frequent Powerline committer.
- fishman's exuberant-ctags fork, an actively maintained ctags variant with modern language support (e.g., CSS, Objective-C).
raiagentunofficially hosts live ctags ebuilds in lieu of an official release.
Notable peer-to-peer (P2P) ebuilds include:
- The Invisible Internet Project (I2P), an anonymous peer-to-peer communication layer colloquially referred to as a "darknet." (Think Tor hidden services on illict performance-enhancing stimulants.) To safeguard users against deanonymization attacks specific to obsolete I2P releases,
raiagentunofficially hosts 0-day I2P ebuilds (i.e., ebuilds ideally updated the same day as official I2P updates). For quality assurance, our ebuilds are routinely synchronized against Portage's older I2P ebuilds.
Notable Python-centric ebuilds include:
- BETSE (Bio Electric Tissue Simulation Engine), a cross-platform Python-based finite volume simulator for 2D computational multiphysics problems in the life sciences coauthored by the author of this overlay.
raiagentofficially hosts BETSE ebuilds.
- PyInstaller's Python 3 branch, a cross-platform Python freezing utility.
raiagentunofficially hosts PyInstaller ebuilds, as well as frequently committing to the official PyInstaller codebase.
Notable ricing (i.e., soft- and/or hardware performance tweaking) ebuilds include:
- phc-k8, an out-of-tree Linux kernel module supporting undervolting of AMD chipsets. Portage's official
phc-k8ebuilds are several years out-of-date and, unsurprisingly, fail to build against modern Linux kernels.
raiagentunofficially hosts well-maintained phc-k8 ebuilds successfully building against all stable gentoo-sources kernels, complete with user-configurable OpenRC startup script and configuration file.
Notable roguelike (i.e., games featuring permanent death as a prominent mechanic) ebuilds include:
- Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead (C:DDA), a post-apocalyptic survival horror roguelike.
raiagentofficially hosts C:DDA ebuilds.
- UnReal World (URW), a Finnish Iron-Age wilderness survival roguelike.
raiagentunofficially hosts URW ebuilds.
raiagent is installable in the usual way. Assuming use of
emerge (and not
that other disreputable fellow), this is:
layman, Gentoo's official overlay manager.
$ emerge layman $ echo 'source /var/lib/layman/make.conf' >> /etc/portage/make.conf
$ layman -a raiagent
$ layman -S
- Nikolai Aleksandrovich Pavlov (ZyX-I), whose gracious contributions to the suite of Powerline ebuilds has been unutterably invaluable. Thanks, Nikolai. Your Sisyphean efforts will not go unremembered.
leycec, the principal maintainer of
actively contributes to numerous other third-party Gentoo overlays – especially: