Venmom by Larry Gadea firstname.lastname@example.org.
This script will transfer your Venmo balance to your real bank account. It should be safe to put this on a nightly cron.
Venmo (venmo.com) is a service like PayPal, except better about fees, features and general attitude towards the customer. They're really great.
Venmo, although it's an awesome service, is also not FDIC insured. Since they're just a startup, it's very possible that if they go bankrupt, they might be forced to take your money down with them. Until they get FDIC, using a script like this will ensure that your money stays where it's safest -- in your bank account.
- Download the .py file and edit the USERNAME and PASSWORD constants
- Run it using
- After you're satisfied, add it to your crontab
- Have a lovely day
- 2010-06-07 - Initial version
- 2010-07-23 - Fixed an ip detection bug. Confirmed working on latest venmo UI.
- 2010-08-10 - Fixed balance parsing caused by Venmo update.
- 2010-09-19 - Added prompt for username/password if no default.
- 2010-12-04 - Fixed detection of successful transfer.
Please send your cease and desist to email@example.com. Otherwise, I'd love to hear comments/suggestions too!
Oh and btw, I cannot be held liable for whatever the script decides to do. There's no warranty here folks, so run it at your own risk. If by some chance it does blow up on you, consider fixing it and sending me the patch. :)
This code is unlicensed. Feel free to tell all your friends that you wrote it (though I have no idea why you'd want to do that)