Mainly a playground for:
- Interactor pattern (http://www.confreaks.com/videos/759-rubymidwest2011-keynote-architecture-the-lost-years & http://www.amazon.com/Object-Oriented-Software-Engineering-Approach/dp/0201544350)
- Cucumber for acceptance testing as well as use case level integration testing
- VM automation with Vagrant, Chef, and Librarian (https://github.com/applicationsonline/librarian)
- Webmachine (https://github.com/seancribbs/webmachine-ruby)
- CouchDB and YAML adapters for DataMaper 2 and Axiom (https://github.com/dkubb/axiom)
- Some of the ideas from Smallest Federated Wiki
Currently I see two possible directions for this: rapid prototyping and, on a higher architectural level, an experiment on decoupling web publishing from user identity while maintaining ownership.