See how others are using matter.js physics
- Les métamorphoses de Mr. Kalia by Lab212 for Google
- 4ify by Supernatural for Channel 4
- Adobe Analytics Live Stream by Rain for Adobe
- Blood Sweat & Tools Interactive by Jam3 for Discovery
- Oracle OpenWorld Experiment by Ed Jones for Oracle
- Pablo The Flamingo by Nathan Gordon
- Goblins and Grottos by Psychic Software
- masQueLaCara by Zach Lieberman for Art Blocks Houston
- #GIFMYLIVE by Bonhomme for Arte
- Hype by Tumult
- Rigid bodies
- Compound bodies
- Composite bodies
- Concave and convex hulls
- Physical properties (mass, area, density etc.)
- Restitution (elastic and inelastic collisions)
- Collisions (broad-phase, mid-phase and narrow-phase)
- Stable stacking and resting
- Conservation of momentum
- Friction and resistance
- Sleeping and static bodies
- Rounded corners (chamfering)
- Views (translate, zoom)
- Collision queries (raycasting, region tests)
- Time scaling (slow-mo, speed-up)
- Canvas renderer (supports vectors and textures)
- MatterTools for creating, testing and debugging worlds
- World state serialisation (requires resurrect.js)
- Cross-browser and Node.js support (Chrome, Firefox, Safari, IE8+)
- Mobile-compatible (touch, responsive)
bower install matter-js npm install matter-js
Visit the Getting started wiki page for a minimal usage example which should work in both browsers and Node.js.
Also see the Running and Rendering wiki pages, which show how to use your own game and rendering loops.
See the list of tutorials.
The engine can be extended through plugins, see these resources:
Building and Contributing
This will install the required build dependencies, then run
to spawn a development server. For information on contributing see CONTRIBUTING.md.
To see what's new or changed in the latest version, see the changelog.
See the wiki page on References.
Matter.js is licensed under The MIT License (MIT)
Copyright (c) 2014 Liam Brummitt
This license is also supplied with the release and source code.
As stated in the license, absolutely no warranty is provided.