This is a sample application that lets users browse tourist attractions in Toronto. It features a map that lists Bixi Bike locations along with the number of available bikes at each station.
This sample demonstrates
- user authentication using Firebase
- using the navigation drawer layout
- listing tourist attractions with RecyclerView
- loading a list of attractions from a plist file using Android PList parser
- handle loading large images using Picasso
- populating map fragment with markers using Bixi Bike JSON data
- persist favorite attractions between app launches using SugarORM
Download Android Studio and import the project.
Create a Firebase account
APP_NAMEline with your Firebase app URL
private static final String APP_NAME = "https://<YOUR-FIREBASE-APP>.firebaseio.com/";
Get your Google Maps API key for Android Maps
Add your key in 'res/values/google_maps_api.xml'
Finally, build project and then run using an emulator supporting API 23