Libarchive 3.4.2 is a feature and security release.
- support for atomic file extraction (bsdtar -x --safe-writes) (#1289)
- support for mbed TLS (PolarSSL) (#1301)
- security fixes in RAR5 reader (#1280 #1326)
- compression buffer fix in XAR writer (#1317)
- fix uname and gname longer than 32 characters in PAX writer (#1319)
- fix segfault when archiving hard links in ISO9660 and XAR writers (#1325)
- fix support for extracting 7z archive entries with Delta filter (#987)
Thanks to all contributors and bug reporters.
Special thanks to Christos Zoulas (@zoulasc) from NetBSD for the atomic file extraction feature.