Join GitHub today
GitHub is home to over 28 million developers working together to host and review code, manage projects, and build software together.Sign up
Development and Release Workflow
Here are the steps to follow if you'd like to contribute to the codebase:
- Start off a branch based on the latest
masterbranch. The branch name should be in the format of "[TICKET IDENTIFIER]_DESCRIPTION". For example:
- Work on your branch until you are satisfied with your changes. Make sure the build is successful and all tests pass.
- Push it once you feel like it's ready to be reviewed.
- Create a pull request based on that commit.
- Your pull request will be reviewed. You are welcomed to iterate on it until the reviewers agree to merge it.
- Once it's approved by the reviewers, it will be merged to the
To manually merge a branch's change into the
git fetch origin && git merge origin/master git diff origin/master > diff.patch git checkout master && git rebase origin/master git apply --apply --index diff.patch git commit -m "[SNEAKER-XX] Commit message (Closes #XXX)" git push origin master
Here are the steps for releasing a new version:
maketo build the binary.
make testto build and run all the tests, and make sure they all pass.
- Update the appropriate documentation pages under
docs/for the changes in this release.
- Update the version number in
- Update the version number in the top level
- Update the version number, and all other necessary changes in
- Commit the change, with the commit message be
- Create an annotated tag with
git tag -a vx.x.x -m "Version x.x.x".
- Push the change.
make installto install the newest version (optional).