NXT tip bot for Slack.
Written in .NET Core, that runs on Windows, Linux and macOS.
.NET Core is an open source development platform from Microsoft.
How to install and run?
- Make public tips in slack channels with NXT, MS Currencies or Assets
- See your own balance/deposit/withdraw in direct messages with the bot
- Help command
- Install .NET Core for your platform.
- Download latest code of NxtTipbot
- Edit the config.json file in the src/NxtTipbot directory and set:
- apitoken - Slack api token key. - You get this from the owner of the slack team
- walletFile - Path to where your Sqlite database file should be stored.
- nxtServerAddress - The server address to the NXT server you wish to use.
- masterKey - A secure 256-bit password used to generate deterministic secret phrases to each user.
If this is unset on start, a password will be generated for you.
Copy it from the command line output and into the config file and restart the program.
How do I run the automated tests?
- In the the src/NxtTipbot directory, type 'dotnet restore' and then 'dotnet run'
- Do the install steps above.
- In the test/NxtTipbot.Tests directory, type 'dotnet restore' and the 'dotnet test'
- Improved help command, where you can say "help tip" to get more in depth help of the tip command.
- On startup, call getBlockchainStatus API function and check isDownloading property. If true, shut down with proper error message.
- Implement deposit/withdraw for MGW asset(s). Need to verify this with VB.
- Config option for local signing instead of relying on NRS signing transactions.
- Add support for self signed certificates when connecting to NXT Server.
- Utility to restore blockchain backup to sqlite database. (should be a separate application)
- Config option for posting confirmation on a separate channel, or maybe just as DM to the sender+recipient.
- Be able to send to NXT aliases as well as @username and NXT addresses.
- When trying to tip and sender has 0 NXT, use a more humoristic error message, like 'you're all out mate'.
- Support having tip command as a part of a multi line chat message.
- Stats command with support for total number of tips sent and total amount sent.
- Add support for more units (USD, EUR, beer, etc.).
- Add support for icons as units, ie. a beer icon instead of the text 'beer'.
- Add file logging (NLog).
- Use AES 256 encryption for secret phrases.
Decryption key to be stored in config file/passed as parameter/read from environment variable.
- Add new command 'initiate' where a public key is provided to initiate a new NXT address.
- Support for multiple slack teams.