Building the Website
For developers who want to contribute to the website/documentation of libigl. The website is now hosted in its own repository separate from the main libigl repository. You can edit directly pages of the website and create an associated pull requests on github. For more substantial changes, you may want to preview your changes to the website before committing them. The instructions bellow explain how to preview or deploy the website on github.
- If you do not already have it, install conda on your machine. We recommend using miniconda3. On Linux you can run:
wget https://repo.anaconda.com/miniconda/Miniconda3-latest-Linux-x86_64.sh bash Miniconda3-latest-Linux-x86_64.sh
- Install the conda environment for the website:
conda env create -f libigl-website.yml
- Activate the conda environment installed on the previous step:
conda activate libigl-website
- Preview the website locally
(run this command in the root folder of the libigl project):
- Build the website to generate the html locally (optional):
- Deploy the website directly to github (will overwrite the gh-pages branch
of the remote repository):
The `gh-deploy` script will overwrite the content of the `gh-pages` in the remote repository. Be sure of what you are doing before pushing new content with this command.
* Be careful to not have any `<>` characters in your email in your `.gitconfig`, otherwise the `gh-deploy` script will fail. * Dead links can be checked using the [LinkChecker](https://linkchecker.github.io/linkchecker/) tool. Run the website locally, then run LinkChecker on it: ```bash linkchecker http://127.0.0.1:8000 ```