Provides a native Windows build (using the Visual C++ compiler) of libimobiledevice, as well as continuous integration (CI) builds of libimobiledevice for Ubuntu, CentOS and RedHat Linux and macOS.
What's up with the branches
- msvc-master: Mirrors the upstream libimobiledevice master branch, with fixes which enable compilation with Visual C++
- msvc-1.2.0: The latest released version (1.2.0) of libimobiledevice, with fixes which enable compilation with Visual C++
- gcc-1.2.-msvc-: Changes which enable Visual C++ compatibility, but without the Visual Studio files. Used for pull requests back into the main libimobiledevice repository
- fixes/: Various fixes, used for pull requests back into the main libimobiledevice repository
Where to report issues
For general questions about libimobiledevice, see http://github.com/libimobiledevice/libimobiledevice. For questions specific to Visual C++, feel free to use the GitHub issue tracker
How to get the latest binaries
The binaries for libimobiledevice are available as:
For Ubuntu Linux, run the following commands as root:
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:quamotion/ppa sudo apt-get update apt-get install libimobiledevice
For RedHat Linux, run the following commands as root:
cd /etc/yum.repos.d/ wget http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/home:qmfrederik/RHEL_7/home:qmfrederik.repo yum install libimobiledevice
For CentOS Linux, run the following commands as root:
cd /etc/yum.repos.d/ wget http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/home:qmfrederik/CentOS_7/home:qmfrederik.repo yum install libimobiledevice
A .NET binding is available as the imobiledevice-net NuGet package.
Consulting, Training and Support
This repository is maintained by Quamotion. Quamotion develops test software for iOS and Android applications, based on the WebDriver protocol.
Quamotion offers various technologies related to automating iOS devices using computers running Windows or Linux. This includes:
- The ability to remotely control iOS devices
- Extensions to libimobiledevice with support for the Instruments protocol
- Running Xcode UI Tests and Facebook WebDriverAgent tests
In certain cases, Quamotion also offers professional services - such as consulting, training and support - related to imobiledivice-net and libimobiledevice.
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.