Requirements for candidates.
- Proficiency in one of the following:
- Absolute responsibility
We do not care how good you are in D.
Each subitem is a separate GSoC project.
- University project. Your GSoC project can be combined with your scientific research.
- Generative Art for Dlang promotion 👍 Portfolio or very good recommendation is required.
- ndslice<->Julia integration
- ndslice<->numpy integration
- General purpose BetterC libraries
- I/O betterC Dlang library
- Async betterC Dlang library
- String and format betterC library
- Port mir-random uniform floating point implementation to clang and g++. You will code C++, our longterm goal is C++ standard.
- ARM support
- Advanced OS specific support
- BLAS Level 1 subprograms
- BLAS Level 2 subprograms
- One BLAS Level 3 subprogram. It is OK to do only one! But it must be faster then OpenBLAS, and not slower then Intel MKL. We know how to do it.
- Multithreading support for BLAS Level 2
- Multithreading support for BLAS Level 3
Default Mir mentor is Ilya Yaroshenko aka @9il. You may reconcile other GSoC mentor or have few GSoC mentors.
Dlang subset, which does not require DRuntime to be linked.
Basic Linear Algebra Subprograms
Sebastian @wilzbach ported Tinflex, one of the most complicated R packages. You may read about his work here: