Pure Data as an embeddable audio synthesis library
Copyright (c) Peter Brinkmann & the libpd team 2010-2015
See our website and book at http://libpd.cc
For documentation of libpd, see the wiki: https://github.com/libpd/libpd/wiki
If you are using Processing, iOS, or Android, see our companion repositories:
The folder containing the sources of Pd Vanilla and standard externals. This is a git submodule of Miller Puckette's official Pd git repository:
If you're cloning this repo, make sure to checkout the submodule:
git submodule init git submodule update
This folder contains the source files that make up the core of libpd.
Android.mk, Makefile, libpd.xcodeproj, libpd_win.sln
Build support for various platforms. Feel free to improve the build system in any way you see fit.
Currently the main Makefile builds a dynamic lib on Windows (in MinGW), Linux, & Mac OSX and has the following targets:
- libpd: (default) builds if no target is specified, builds the libpd.so/dylib/dll
- cpplib: builds libpd with the cpp wrapper
- csharplib: builds libpdcsharp.dll (tested on Windows only)
- javalib: builds libpdnative and the jni wrapper
- clean: removes the object files
- clobber: removes the linked library files
- install: installs libpd C library (+ C++ if built) and headers, set location with prefix= (default: /usr/local)
- uninstall: removes libpd C library and headers, set location with prefix= (default: /usr/local)
Makefile options allow for conditional compilation of libpd util and pd extra externals sources into libpd as well as other options:
- UTIL=true, compiles
libpd_wrapper/utilringbuffer and print concatenator
- EXTRA=true, compiles
pure-data/extraexternals which are then inited in libpd_init()
- DEBUG=true, compiles libpd with -Wall & no optimizations
For example, to build libpd with both util and extra:
make UTIL=true EXTRA=true
java, csharp, objc, cpp, python
Glue for using libpd with Java, C#, Objective C, C++ and Python. Feel free to improve or add support for other languages such as Lua.
Contains small sample programs and tests in the various supported langauges.
libpd.xcodeproj provides an Xcode project to build libpd + the Obj-C wrapper as a static library for iOS & Mac OSX. Drag the libpd project into your existing Xcode project, then add libpd-ios (or libpd-osx) to the Linked Frameworks and Libraries in the General tab of your project target.
If you are unfamiliar with how static libraries work or how to use them in Xcode, see this useful tutorial.
Ready-made binaries for Java are available at libpd-java-build: https://github.com/wivlaro/libpd-java-build/blob/master/libpd.jar (may not be up to date)
If you are using XCode to build iOS apps, you can use CocoaPods to add libpd to your project.