changelogCAPRICE32 4.5+ LIBRETRO -
All the credit of the caprice32 Emulator to Ulrich Doewich
You can download the caprice32 original source code here
- This core also use some code from wiituka/pituka (c) 2004-2016 David Colmenero
- CPC464+/CPC6128+/GX4000 (c) 2016-2019 Colin Pitrat : https://github.com/ColinPitrat/caprice32
- Part of the autorun fixes (see catalog/amsdos_catalog and format.c) are inspired on the great work of Frédéric Coste (Fredouille) on caprice-forever.
And of course for the RetroArch/Libretro team : "http://www.libretro.com"
The core works pretty well and give the fantastic ability to use the RetroArch Shaders.
Try some CRT shaders and welcome back to the 80s on your good old CPC.
Launch a TAPE (cdt), DSK or M3U, and game should autostart.
Our game database is based on clean-cpc-db. A database that has checked every game so that you don't have to spend whole day of finding the correct and functional version of your favorite game. In clean-cpc-db you'll find only clean versions with no weird intros or menus, just working games!
Due to the creation of this database, we have started a small game mapping project, to bring an easyest CPC plug and play experiencie! You can help us...
When a game is detected as a clean version, a green disc icon appears at the bottom.
Keyboard emulated layout
Keyboard Custom Binds
Choose AMSTRAD KEYBOARD in Quick Menu > Controls and User 1/2 config different than joystick to map your retropad keys per game/rom.
Caprice brings some default keymaps confings, these configs are detailed at libretro docs: https://docs.libretro.com/library/caprice32/
Features not covered in docs
- New Model: [cap32_model] (6128 | 464 | 664 | 6128+)
Choose which Amstrad CPC model to emulate, currently added 646 to allow BASIC 1.0 games and DSK
New filename flags (case insensitive)
- "": Force BASIC 1.0 and AMSDOS ROMs, to allow play correctly first CPC games.
- "BASIC 1.0": Force 464 model when you load CDT or 664 model if use DSK.
- "[CPM]": Force load CPM BIOS first, useful for some infocom CPM games.
- "[576K]": RAM mode with 512+64KB, useful for some homebrew games. Also allows [128K] and [064K].
Alive (1990)(Company)(fr).dsk => 664 Manic Miner (UK) (1984) (Version Basic 1.0) [Amsoft].dsk => 664 Harrier Attack (1986)(Amsoft) [Basic 1.0].cdt => 464 Shadows Of Sergoth, The (2018)(PD)(M3)(v1.0)(Side A)[576K].dsk => 576 RAM
Gunstick and Phaser (phaser code thanks to Colin Pitrat).
Configure your Weapon
You need set on Options > Controls > Device Type: Amstrad Lightgun and on Core Options > Light Gun Input (and show cross if your want).
Mike Gunner Bestial Warrior Cosmic Sheriff El Equipo A Guillermo Tell Outlaws Solo Sootland Space Smugglers Target Plus Trigger
Amstrad Magnum Phaser
Operation Wolf Bullseye Missile Ground Zero Robot Attack Rookie Solar Invasion American Turbo-King Billy the Kid Bronx Street Cop F-16 Fighting Falcon Jungle Warfare
Trojan Light Phazer
The Enforcer Skee Shoot
CPC+ Emulation have some issues and need 24bit color depth.
Old3DS need some optimizations (~18fps).
Minor CPC Bugs and FDC needs more work to accurately emulate complex protections.
Gunstick emulation is not working with green phosphor or lowres modes.