Mupen64Plus-Next is a N64 emulation library for the libretro API, based on Mupen64Plus (see below).
It is also the successor of the old Mupen64Plus libretro core.
You can always rely on it to give you an excellent Majora's Mask experience. Seriously.
How is this different from any N64 libretro-core, ever?
Due to the amount of libraries that are used and are in regular need of maintenance, I have strict rules about adding dependencies.
This allows for easy maintenance, so available time can be spent on useful improvements and lowers the burden.
By default the experience will be very simliar to the N64 emulators you know and love with a lot extra.
While I accept pretty much every reasonable contribution, hacks must not impact behavior by default, unless justified.
If you need to add a dependency, please consult me first.
Force-pushes on all branches but
masterare fair game.
masterhas the best stability memes, if that's your thing.
The following projects have been incorporated into this repository:
- angrylion-rdp-plus (Currently based on it's ParaLLel variant)
A special thanks to:
- The Mupen64Plus Team, especially Gillou68310
- gonetz and those that have worked on GLideN64, especially fzurita
- The Authors of cxd4 and angrylion-rdp-plus (ata4)
- themaister for parallel-rsp and parallel-rdp (including the Vulkan integration)
- Everyone in the libretro Team