This repository has been archived by the owner. It is now read-only.
Please sign in to comment.
This commit does not belong to any branch on this repository, and may belong to a fork outside of the repository.
Date: Thu, 05 Jul 2007 14:02:33 -0700
From: Sam Lantinga Subject: SDL 1.3 keyboard plan After lots of discussion with Christian, this is what we came up with: > So, to sum up... > SDLK_* become the physical keys, starting at > (1<<21) > We create a macro SDLK_INDEX(X) > We have two functions SDL_GetLayoutKey(SDLKey) and SDL_GetKeyName() > SDL_GetLayoutKey maps to UCS4 for printable characters, and SDLK* for non-printable characters > and does so based on the OS's current keyboard layout > SDL_GetKeyName() handles both SDLK_* and UCS4, converting UCS4 to UTF-8 and converting SDLK_* into our names, which are UTF-8 for printable characters. > WASD folks use SDLK_*, and 'I' folks use SDL_GetLayoutKey(SDLK_*) Here is the patch he came up with, and his e-mail about it: Date: Fri, 17 Aug 2007 19:50:28 +0200 From: Christian Walther Subject: Re: SDL 1.3 keyboard plan > Sounds great, go ahead and send me a patch. Here goes! Thanks for having a look. Don't hesitate to comment if anything does not conform to your ideas. One caveat: Committing this now may break compilability of some video drivers - specifically, if they use any of the SDLK_* codes that were obsoleted and moved into SDL_compat.h. I only tried Cocoa (which did break, but is already fixed) and X11 (which didn't, but then its key handling is #iffed out). If that's a problem, it may need to go into a branch. -Christian
- Loading branch information
Showing with 939 additions and 758 deletions.
- +81 −0 include/SDL_compat.h
- +29 −6 include/SDL_keyboard.h
- +398 −161 include/SDL_keysym.h
- +80 −265 src/events/SDL_keyboard.c
- +6 −0 src/events/SDL_keyboard_c.h
- +40 −0 src/video/SDL_sysvideo.h
- +1 −0 src/video/cocoa/SDL_cocoakeyboard.h
- +154 −196 src/video/cocoa/SDL_cocoakeyboard.m
- +137 −123 src/video/cocoa/SDL_cocoakeys.h
- +0 −1 src/video/cocoa/SDL_cocoavideo.h
- +1 −0 src/video/cocoa/SDL_cocoavideo.m
- +12 −6 test/common.c
Oops, something went wrong.