LibYUI - The Base Library
Libyui is a widget abstraction library providing Qt, GTK and ncurses frontends. Originally it was developed for YaST but it can be used in any independent project.
This part contains the base abstraction layer which is implemented in several target frontends.
Selecting the used UI-plugin
By default LibYUI tries to load any of the available UI-plugins in this order:
- if $DISPLAY is set
- NCurses is user-selected and stdout is not a TTY
- if $DISPLAY is set and Qt is not available,
- a GTK-based desktop environment is detected from the environment variable XDG_CURRENT_DESKTOP
- any of the above pre-conditions are met and NCurses is user-selected, but stdout is not a TTY
- if $DISPLAY is not set and stdout is a TTY
- Qt and Gtk are not available and stdout is a TTY
This can be overridden by either:
specifing one of the switches on the command-line of the program
setting the environment variable YUI_PREFERED_BACKEND to one of
If a command-line switch is given to the program, the setting from the environment variable will be overridden by the UI-plugin chosen with the switch.
If the user-selected UI-plugin is not installed on the system, an installed UI-plugin will be chosen by the above criteria.
It can be installed from rubygems.org using this command (Ruby needs to be installed in the system):
gem install libyui-rake
Then to build the package run: