Clone this wiki locally
- title: ISWC2012 Metadata Projects
- HashTag: #iswc2012metadata
- description: #ISWC2012 metadata is online (https://github.com/lidingpku/iswc2012metadata). Let's build something in ten days, tweet with #iswc2012metadata, and meet at ISWC2012.
- homepage: https://github.com/lidingpku/iswc2012metadata/wiki/Projects
- modified: 2012-11-01
Conference metadata management is notoriously challenging because conference metadata is distributed at different sources (easychair, publisher, conference organizer) and is maintained/published in may forms (e.g. HTML web pages and PDF proceedings). In the light of offloading the tedious routines (e.g. copy and paste, validate and republish) to machine power, RDF-based conference metadata has been collected and published since ISWC 2004. So far, the "Semantic Web Dog Food" (SWDF) server (http://data.semanticweb.org) has hosted metadata from 30+ conferences (including ISWC, ESWC and WWW). This year, we seek for ideas and practices to unveil and enhance the value of the basic ISWC2012 metadata. Below is a list of sample topics
- More data, e. g., on-site activities, social interaction, authors' country.
- Higher quality, e.g. are all names correct? what is the current affiliation of the author?
- Social Mash-ups, e.g. shall we linked to Open Graph? how to get tweets linking to a talk?
- Linked Data Mash-ups, e.g. linking to DBPedia and beyond?
- Cool conference metadata management apps, e.g. Mobile apps (http://iswc2012.semanticweb.org/news/iswc-2012-phone-app )
- Download the basic ISWC2012 metadata from Github: https://github.com/lidingpku/iswc2012metadata/data/rdf
- Play around with the metadata, build cool ideas and apps
- Share your practice on blog or Twitter using hashtag #iswc2012metadata – let’s race by number of new followers
- Email your story to organizers and we'll get it posted on this site
- Meet-up at ISWC2012
Project: ISWC Proceeding (Lite). A collection of XHTML+RDFa pages listing all papers (with citations, abstract and links to PDF page) in ISWC2012 main conference. Also see: Online demo, proceedings.zip(350K)
- ISWC 2010 metadata tools and resources: http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/wiki/ISWC_2010_Data_and_Demos
- Syntax validator: http://owl.cs.manchester.ac.uk/converter/
- XHTML+RDFa validator: http://validator.w3.org/
- Li Ding (Qualcomm) lidingpku AT gmail
- Jie Bao (Samsung Information System America) baojie AT gmail