The Toolkit for Vim Color Scheme Designers!
Colortemplate is a 100% VimScript plugin for Vim 8 or later, which makes it easy to develop color schemes. Its ambitious goal is to become the way to create new color schemes for Vim!
- Generates color schemes that support all environments, from black&white to millions of colors, and both terminal and GUI Vim.
- Generates color schemes that load efficiently and have a consistent structure following best practices.
- Automatically provides xterm approximations for GUI colors.
- Imports any color scheme. You do not have to start from scratch!
- Provides a sophisticated style picker. Create color schemes in real-time directly within Vim!
- Displays information about the highlight group under the cursor.
- Computes useful statistics about your color scheme.
- Supports generating any kind of auxiliary files (say,
- Has syntax completion for highlight groups, keywords and common colors.
- …And a lot more!
Colortemplate is fully documented: to learn everything about it, read
Installing this plugin does not require anything special. If you need help, please first check the FAQ.
:edit templates/dark.colortemplate :Colortemplate! ~/.vim :colorscheme dark
The resulting color scheme will be written into
:help colortemplate.txt for detailed documentation.
:Colortemplate and other plugin's commands are filetype-specific. That
means that they are available only if the filetype is set to
You may need to explicitly type
:set ft=colortemplate to make them available
in new buffers.
Colortemplate is based on a very simple but very flexible template format. This is a minimal template, which you can actually compile without warnings:
Full name: My Gorgeous Theme Short name: gorgeous Author: Me <email@example.com> Variant: gui 256 Background: dark ; Color palette Color: myblack #333333 ~ Color: mywhite #fafafa ~ ; Highlight group definitions Normal mywhite myblack Term colors: mywhite mywhite mywhite mywhite mywhite mywhite mywhite mywhite Term colors: myblack myblack myblack myblack myblack myblack myblack myblack
Do you want to contribute? Do you have any suggestions on how to improve Colortemplate? Open an issue or submit a pull request!