About Gate One
Gate One is an HTML5 web-based terminal emulator and SSH client. Top features:
- No browser plugins required!
- Supports multiple simultaneous terminal sessions. As many as your hardware can handle.
- Users can re-connect to their running terminals whenever they like from anywhere.
- Can be embedded into other applications. Add a terminal--running whatever application(s) you want--to your web app! Would be vastly superior to say, a Java-based serial console applet (hint hint).
- The Gate One server can be stopped & started without users losing their running terminal applications (even SSH sessions stay connected!). In essence, worry-free upgrades!
- The SSH plugin allows users to duplicate sessions without having to re-enter their username and password (it re-uses the existing SSH tunnel).
- Provides users with the ability to play back and save/share their terminal sessions via a self-contained HTML playback file.
- Similarly, supports server-side logging, recording, and video-like playback of user sessions. It can even log to syslog to support whatever centralized logging system you want.
- Keberos-based Single Sign-on support is included. It even works with Active Directory. Other authentication options are available as well.
The documentation for Gate One is now online: http://liftoff.github.com/GateOne/
Also, all (this) documentation is in the "gateone/docs" directory. The HTML form is pre-built and ready-to-read.
There is no live demo of Gate One at the moment but you can view a video demo here: http://vimeo.com/24857127
Gate One is currently IN BETA. Some things may be incomplete or buggy. Feel free to open new tickets in the issue tracker!
FYI: Gate One was developed entirely by one guy in his spare time over the course of ~9 months. It turned out pretty good so he's looking to start a business out of it. What better way to create jobs than to start by creating one for yourself? All feedback, tips, and advice is appreciated:
NOTE: http://liftoffsoftware.com/ hasn't been built yet. It redirects to a landing page for now.