Lightspin S3 Bucket Scanner
Scan your S3 Buckets for public access and cross-account attack discovered by Lightspin's Security Research Team.
The tool analyzes the following:
- Bucket's block public access settings
- Bucket policy and ACL
- Object ACL
Red-Bucket is built with Python 3 and Boto3.
The tool requires:
- IAM User with Access Key
- Sufficient permissions for the IAM User to run the scanner
- Python 3 and pip3 installed
sudo git clone https://github.com/lightspin-tech/red-bucket.git cd red-bucket pip3 install -r requirements.txt
python3 main.py [output-csv-path] [AWS-Access-Key-id] [AWS-Aecret-Access-Key]
- In buckets with more that 1000 objects, the value of "objects amount" will be 1000+.
- The tool does not drill down to the object level in buckets that have more than 100 objects. if you want to change it you can edit the get_doc_objects function in the code locally to the desired number (999 max)
This research was held by Lightspin's Security Research Team. For more information, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
This repository is available under the Apache License 2.0.