ObjectAL for iPhone and Mac
Mac and iOS Audio, minus the headache.
So you want to add audio to your app. Usually your audio needs are something like:
- Play, Pause, Stop, Loop
- Volume, Pitch, Pan, Mute
- Maybe some "power user" stuff, such as preloading and session control
But you want more than that.
- You want it to be intuitive and easy.
- You want to get up and running fast.
- But most of all, you want it to JUST BLOODY WORK!
ObjectAL removes the pain.
ObjectAL shields you from the nastiness of audio programming on iOS and Mac.
- It knows how to manage audio sessions.
- It knows OpenAL and AVAudioPlayer.
- It knows what bugs are in which OS version, and how to work around them.
- It knows how to navigate the arcane APIs and perform the right incantations.
ObjectAL layers all that craziness away, giving you a clean, object oriented, Objective-C interface that just works.
With ObjectAL, the simple is easy, and the complex is possible.
Find Out More
Documentation: ObjectAL.pdf (in the repository) or http://kstenerud.github.com/ObjectAL-for-iPhone/documentation
git clone http://github.com/kstenerud/ObjectAL-for-iPhone.git
ObjectAL, copyright 2009 Karl Stenerud, released under the Apache 2.0 license