Pollen-Rock provides an improved rendering server and an in-browser editor for pollen.
This project is still at its early development stage. Feedback and suggestions are welcome.
See pollen-rock for documentation.
- Server provides mtime on reads and writes of a file to detect modifictions from multiple clients
- A new design and rewrite of the front end editor. The editor provides a lot of handy features
- Sidebar for project navigation
- Multi-client detection to avoid silent overwrite
- Cursor position tracking in the editor to provide tag path and tag signature
- Enhanced editor to work better with pollen command boundaries; inserting and deleting braces become smart
- Editor focus mode to remove UI cluster
- Resizable vertical and horizontal preview split
- Syntax highlight for almost all languages (auto detected by file extensions)
- The editor can highlight and jump to the corresponding position when a piece of searchable text in preview is selected
- Server provides RESTful APIs
- Docs are available. Yea!
- Support create/rename/delete project files on index page
- Make editor fonts available locally on the server (network font dependencies are removed)
- Add server side logging
--localoption for secure access
- fixed a bug that could cause data lose when user closes browser immediately after typing.
- fixed a bug that TAB replaces select region with a TAB; TAB now indents a selected region
- Editor can edit Racket and HTML files
- Editor recognizes Racket code in Pollen file (supports mixed pollen and Racket code in pm files)
- Editor parser respects the command char defined in pollen.rkt and pollen/setup.
- Implement a simple autocomplete that can autocomplete tag names defined and exported in pollen.rkt
- Editor now shows server errors
- UI supports updating editor settings
- CodeMirror upgrades to 5.27
- Implement JSON RPC in racket to provide a manageable way to extend server features
- Completely rewrite the editor using ES6; implement the editor in event-based MVC
- Removed shell command panel (keep the app simple; not sure how useful it is to others)
- add theme (rename Help to Settings)
- upgrade CodeMirror to 5.24
- add option (--no-shell) to disable the terminal
- add checks on unsaved document before browser is closed
- add protocol to watch file changes
- Implement auto-reload rendered pages
- add the ability to run shell command in editor
- add a placeholder in editor for an empty article body
- add buttons "shell" and "help"
Enhancement and Bugfix
- Improve autosave: it takes place only when users stop typing
- Improve Preview: Preview rendering interacts nicely with autosave.
- Redefine layout to remove two adjacent scrollbars on Windows
- Redefine layout to display a clean layout on mobile
- Improve scrolling: scolling in Preview doesn't affect other components now.