OpenVanilla is a cross-platform input method framework. This branch, called Oranje, focuses on providing a reference implementation based on OS X and a reference distribution.
Build and Installation
Build OpenVanilla.xcodeproj with Xcode
Copy the built product, here we assume you're using the Release configuration, to the input method folder:
- For Mac OS X Leopard: Copy build/Release/OpenVanilla.app to ~/Library/Input Methods
- For Mac OS X Tiger: Copy build/Release/OpenVanilla.bundle to /Library/Components
- No Preferences app is provided. Edit the configuration in ~/Library/Preferences/org.openvanilla.plist. Changes take effect immediately.
- The candidate window is largely simplified. Only a minimal text label is provided.
- Only the core modules are provided and are currently bundled directly with the loader itself. (The project also builds OVIMPOJ, but does not bundle it into the distributed package.)
- OVIMGeneric (when there is data)
- Output filters are not supported in this branch. Maybe not yet. Maybe for good.
On Mac OS X Tiger Support
This OpenVanilla implementation uses IMK-Tiger to provide Mac OS X Tiger support so that the IMK-based loader can be retrofitted into a text service manager bundle.
As Apple is releasing Mac OS X 10.6, it no longer makes sense to support Mac OS X Tiger. In this branch, Tiger-specific version (the product OpenVanilla.bundle) is still built, but there is no promise any future modification on the loader would maintain the build. No regression testing will be actively performed.