Turns out that lineman makes a great blogging engine!
Here's how to publish a new blog to the web in minutes:
- Clone into this repository
- Install lineman if you haven't yet.
npm installto install required project dependencies.
lineman runwhile you work on writing markdown files under
- Install heroku if you haven't, then run
heroku create --buildpack http://github.com/linemanjs/heroku-buildpack-lineman.git
- Commit your post and
git push heroku master, and your blog is hosted on the web with apache2!
First, consider reading about grunt-markdown-blog, our grunt task that's doing almost all the heavy lifting here.
- Just add markdown posts with an ".md" extension to
app/postsand when you
lineman build, they'll be rendered.
- Configure your blog in
- Customize your blog templates in
- RSS is generated for you at
- Disqus support is included if you configure it.
- For more info on publishing with heroku, see details about Heroku & Lineman.
- To build static assets to deploy some other way, just run
lineman buildand put the
distdirectory's contents somewhere.