Internationalization is the design and development of a product, application or document content that enables easy localization for target audiences that vary in culture, region, or language.
Lingui is an easy yet powerful internationalization framework for global projects.
Clean and readable - Keep your code clean and readable, while the library uses battle-tested and powerful ICU MessageFormat under the hood.
Universal - Use it everywhere.
@lingui/reactoffers components to leverage React rendering.
Full rich-text support - Use React components inside localized messages without any limitation. Writing rich-text messages is as easy as writing JSX.
Powerful tooling - Manage the whole intl workflow using Lingui CLI. It extracts messages from source code, validates messages coming from translators and checks that all messages are translated before shipping to production.
Unopinionated - Integrate Lingui into your existing workflow. It supports message keys as well as auto generated messages. Translations are stored either in JSON or standard PO file, which is supported in almost all translation tools.
Active community - Join us on Gitter.im to discuss the latest development. At the moment, Lingui is the most active intl project on GitHub.
Compatible with react-intl - Low-level React API is very similar to react-intl and the message format is the same. It's easy to migrate an existing project.
How does it look like?
Example with React
Example with React using message IDs
Checkout these tutorials for installation instructions and brief introduction:
If you're a react-intl user, checkout comparison of react-intl and Lingui.
If you are having issues, please let us know.
- Join us at gitter.im to get almost instant feedback.
- Ask question on StackOverflow and mark it with Lingui tag.
- If something doesn't work as documented, documentation is missing or if you just want to suggest a new feature, create an issue.
Contribution to open-source project is everything from spreading a word, writing documentation to implementing features and fixing bugs.
- Do you use Lingui in production site? Let us know!
- Have you seen interesting talk or article about i18n? Share it!
- Have you found a bug or do you want to suggest a new feature? Create an issue!
- Do you want to improve the docs and write some code? Read the contributors guide and send a PR!
This project exists thanks to all the people who contribute. [Contribute].
Thank you to all our backers!
Support this project by becoming a sponsor. Your logo will show up here with a link to your website. [Become a sponsor]
The project is licensed under the MIT license.