Be notified of new releases
Create your free GitHub account today to subscribe to this repository for new releases and build software alongside 28 million developers.Sign up
The 0.8.5 release focused primarily on bugfixes, polish, and internal changes that set us up for future work. We did introduce one or two interesting new features, most notably better control of circuit breaking.
- The circuit breaking method is now configurable via the
failureAccrualparameter. Setting this allows you to change the way that misbehaving instances are removed from the loadbalancing pool in new and exciting ways. (Look for a blog post about this soon!)
- The default docker images now use a 64 bit JVM, allowing us to bring in boringssl extensions required for ALPN, etc. We continue to produce 32-bit images under a
- Marathon integration now includes ip-per-task support.
- http2 bugfix for request with URI parameters.
- Sanity restored to the admin dashboard. Dashboard graphs should be usable again.
- linkerd now writes the local dtab to the
l5d-ctx-dtabheader instead of
dtab-local, as the docs have (correctly) suggested.
- The localhost transformer now works on systems with unresolvable hostnames. CentOS DC/OS users, among others, will be happy.
Internal work that sets us up for future exciting features:
- We've added the
io.l5d.namerd.httpinterpreter which uses namerd's streaming HTTP api.
- Transformers will now prepend a prefix to the id of the bound names they modify.
- We've introduce the grpc-gen and grpc-runtime projects, enabling code generation of gRPC clients and servers for Finagle. This means linkerd will be able to make use of gRPC APIs. Stay tuned for some of the exciting ways we are thinking of using this.