Version of stable MPD 0.17.6 for fasttracking DSD playback development. Once development is complete the changes / enhancements will be submitted to MPD.
Planned DSD playback enhancements and fixes:
- DSD128 playback with DoP using one stereo channel @ 352.8 [done]
- DSD128 playback with DoP using two stereo channels @ 176.4 [deferred]
- MPD hangs at the end of a song when playing certain DFF files [done]
- Pops at the end of certain DSF files [done, now also fixed my MPD team in 0.18]
- Re-introduce fast forward and rewind for both DSF and the DFF decoder [done for DSDIFF]
- Utilize DSD/DoP support provided by ALSA in kernel 3.11 and up [*1]
[*1] The current DoP implementation in kernel 3.11 seems to provide a incorrect/incompatible DoP format not compatible with common DACs known to support DoP.