octo-drive helps you turn github repository into enctypted filesystem. It is
fuse-bindings for node) that helps create userspace filesystems.
- Encrypts every file with your password
- Encrypt filesystem metadata
- Encrypt filenames inside of repository
- Each file is encrypted repository file (reduce network things).
- Encrypted local cache to make it a bit faster
- Fast enough for download and upload
sudo apt-get install libfuse-dev
fuse-bindings is depend on
libfuse-dev when installing with
How to install ?
npm install -g octo-drive
How to run ?
octo-drive githubuser/myrepository ~/drive
Will mount repository
When you run the
octo-drive, it will ask some questions
- Do you like authorize with github token ?
- Token themselfs
- or user password for your account
Then it will ask about
drive secret, all the data will be encoded
Ok , what about more automation ?
There is a bunch of
ENVironment variables that can help with it
Idk how much it secure setup envs with plain passwords, but it can
be supersecret script inside of the supersecret place that run
with these variables.
Is it really secure ?
Huh ? Me ? I don't know, tell me please if you have something to say about it.
Bugz..z.. Features !
octo-drive can handle different filesystems for just different secrets ;)
OCTODRIVE_BRANCHenv support (does not log drive activity)