Available on dwitter.net
Join the chat on Discord
Inspired by arkt.is/t/
Pre-requisites and first-time installation
sudo apt install npm
- Get packages needed for server and clone the repository
sudo apt install git virtualenv python-pip
git clone https://github.com/lionleaf/dwitter.git
make setup(set up virtual environment)
source venv/bin/activate(activate virtual environment)
make(install dependencies and set up database)
python manage.py createsuperuser(create admin account used below)
make runruns the server. Use
make serveinstead if you're working inside a VM with port forwarding. (0.0.0.0:8000)
- Go to http://localhost:8000/admin/sites/ and log in with admin account created above.
- Click on the one entry, and change both
display nameto localhost:8000.
- Make sure http://dweet.localhost:8000/ returns a django error. May not work in Firefox.
- lints Python and JS files
- automatically fixes some JS issues (mostly whitespace-related)
GET www.dwitter.net/api/dweets/ - list of the last 10 dweets ?limit=100 - number of results to return, default 10, max 100 (subject to change) &offset=200 - offset page by 200 dweets &remix_of=123 - all remixes of 123 &author=lionleaf - dweets by author GET www.dwitter.net/api/dweets/123 - get details about d/123
https://www.dwitter.net/api/dweets/?limit=1 (sorted by posted date by default)
GET dwitter.net/api/users/lionleaf - Show details about user 'lionleaf'.