ColdFusion Package for Sublime Text 2
- Added CFScript component method completions (6/28/12)
- Added "auto_close_cfml", "auto_indent_on_close" settings (6/25/12)
- Added Tag Attribute completions (6/24/12)
- Added Command
ColdFusion: Insert CFlib UDF(6/2/12)
- ColdFusion cfml, and script-based CFCs syntax highlighting. (see tmLanguage files)
- Auto inserts closing hash # (see Default (platform).sublime-keymap)
- Provides completions that match just after typing an opening angle bracket (see cfml_completions.py)
- Auto Complete ColdFusion Tags and Attributes (opt. cf7, cf8, cf9 & cf10)
- ColdFusion specific key bindings (see Default (platform).sublime-keymap)
The recommended method of installation is via Package Control.
- Follow instructions on http://wbond.net/sublime_packages/package_control
- Install using Package Control: Install > ColdFusion package
Go to your Sublime Text 2
Packages directory and clone the repository using the command below:
git clone https://github.com/SublimeText/ColdFusion
- Download the files using the GitHub .zip download option
- Unzip the files and rename the folder to
- Copy the folder to your Sublime Text 2
Some packages will override key bindings. If you have problems with a specific key shortcut,
you can add it to your User - Key Bindings file
Preferences > Key Bindings - User
You can also use
sublime.log_commands(True) in the console (
ctrl+~) to output key presses and their corresponding command to the console pane.
Many more key bindings are available via Sublime
Preferences > Key Bindings - Default
##Completions and Snippets
Although, this package includes CFScript completions (
.sublime-completions) and ColdFusion tag completions (API-injected), it's recommended that you create your own custom snippets using code that fits your particular coding style.
To create a new snippet select
Tools > New Snippet... from the Sublime Text menu.
<scope>text.html.cfm - string</scope> for ColdFusion markup snippets and
<scope>source.cfscript - string</scope> for CFScript snippets.
Completions in order of priority are:
- API-injected completions
- words in the current buffer
The following list contains snippets repositories made available by ColdFusion community members:
To install snippets just put the
.sublime-snippet files in your Packages/User folder or sub-folder (to get to your Packages/User folder select
Preferences > Browse Packages... from the Sublime Text 2 menu).
The following themes optimized for ColdFusion are made available by ColdFusion community members and can be installed with Package Control (http://wbond.net/sublime_packages/community)
If you'd like to customize your favorite theme for ColdFusion support, you can use the
entity.name.tag.cf scope in your tmTheme file.
For example the following definition will use the color
#C87551 for all ColdFusion tags:
<dict> <key>name</key> <string>Meta</string> <key>scope</key> <string>meta.tag.block.cf, meta.tag.inline.cf</string> <key>settings</key> <dict> <key>fontStyle</key> <string></string> <key>foreground</key> <string>#C87551</string> </dict> </dict> <!-- this will color ColdFusion tag name --> <dict> <key>name</key> <string>Entity</string> <key>scope</key> <string>entity.name.tag.cf</string> <key>settings</key> <dict> <key>fontStyle</key> <string></string> <key>foreground</key> <string>#C87551</string> </dict> </dict>
You can use Ctrl+Alt+⇧+P to get the scope name at the cursor position for more theme customizing .
##Development Branch To help test the development branch you can install it by dowloading the zip and copying the contents to the Packages/ColdFusion folder.
Alternatively, you can use git to install the ColdFusion package as mentioned above and switch to the development tracking branch using:
git checkout development
##Additional Packages Some additional packages you might want to check out - they are all available through Package Control http://wbond.net/sublime_packages/community
- http://net.tutsplus.com/articles/news/introducing-nettuts-fetch/ (highly recommended)
- https://github.com/BoundInCode/AutoFileName (provides file auto-complete)
- https://github.com/weslly/ColorPicker (choose a color and get the hex code)
- https://github.com/xobb1t/Sublime-AdvancedNewFile (create new files faster)
- https://github.com/kemayo/sublime-text-2-git (git commands)
- https://github.com/facelessuser/ExportHtml (provides printing)
- https://github.com/dz0ny/LiveReload-sublimetext2 (live reload browser)
- https://github.com/bgreenlee/sublime-github (github gists and more)
- https://github.com/virtix/sublime-text-2-mxunit (mxunit testing)
- https://github.com/seancoyne/farcry-sublimetext (farcry snippets)
These packages require manual installation
- https://github.com/adampresley/sublime-cf-js-log-finder (debug output finder)
- https://github.com/timsayshey/Sublime-Text-CFWheels (cfwheels plugin)
- https://github.com/DominicWatson/SublimeText2CfQuickDocsLauncher (cfml documentation)
##License Copyright (c) 2012
Permission is hereby granted, free of charge, to any person obtaining a copy of this software and associated documentation files (the "Software"), to deal in the Software without restriction, including without limitation the rights to use, copy, modify, merge, publish, distribute, sublicense, and/or sell copies of the Software, and to permit persons to whom the Software is furnished to do so, subject to the following conditions:
The above copyright notice and this permission notice shall be included in all copies or substantial portions of the Software.
THE SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED "AS IS", WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NONINFRINGEMENT. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE AUTHORS OR COPYRIGHT HOLDERS BE LIABLE FOR ANY CLAIM, DAMAGES OR OTHER LIABILITY, WHETHER IN AN ACTION OF CONTRACT, TORT OR OTHERWISE, ARISING FROM, OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE SOFTWARE OR THE USE OR OTHER DEALINGS IN THE SOFTWARE.