de.setf.graphics implements a native Common Lisp graphics kibrary.
It provides 3d scene and geometry modeling and rendering in clos with
rendering support for clx, quickdraw, clim, and opengl.
This library has been used for research, development, and prototyping. Over the years, it has been built and probed in the following combinations
|Core Graphics||xlib||Open GL|
- angles, drawing arcs and rotating coordinate systems
- clim transform rotations and arc angles are radians.
- common graphics arc angles are degrees,
- core graphics rotation is in radians. Arc perations are in radians CGContextAddArc
- CLX arc angles are degrees, view rotation is computed in radians. @xfree
- [Java 3D] rotations are radians
- OpenGL degrees
- SVG : [transforms](http://www.w3.org/TR/SVG/coords.htm are degrees,
No one of them is preeminent. The internal transformation operators are implemented in radians and converted as required as arguments to library functions. It would be possible to apply internalization/externailzation operators intrface arguments, but since the interface exposes internal levels, it's not clear where this normalization should happen. For the meantime, use radians.
de.setf.graphics is built with
Once one has the sources and the
asdf configuration in place, evaluate
(asdf:operate 'asdf:load-op :de.setf.graphics.clx) (asdf:operate 'asdf:load-op :de.setf.graphics.opengl)
to load the respective version. The versions intend to be compatible as each implements a distinct graphics context for the respective library. Please consult the detailed instructions for the respective runtime for more information.
This version is released under version 3 of the GNU Affero license (GAL). The required components are included as per the respective licenses and covered, in this combined form, under the GAL as well
- agl : unknown
- 2005 Alexander Repenning
- closer-mop : MIT-style
- 2005 - 2010 Pascal Costanza
- clx : TI; additional attributions undated
- 1987 : Texas Instruments
- 1988, 1989 : Franz Inc
This library has evolved over the years under various copyrights
- Copyright 1988-1993 james anderson (lgpl)
- 19880616: the original version was written as part of a research program in design reasoning with the "design tools and methods group" in the department of architecture and planning, massachusetts institute of technology. the basis was mcl/object-lisp/quickdraw
- 19891107: ported to clx/pcl
- Copyright 1993-2003 james anderson (lgpl)
- 19940528: changed element class to use standard-object classes rather than structure-class, since structures fail to initialize correctly with an extended subclass hierarchy.
- 20030829: ported to mcl 5.0. introduced abstract graphics operations and opengl support, which involved optional transform processing. simplified location implementation to eliminate typed locations.
- Copyright 2003-2004 james anderson (lgpl)
- ported to allegro.
- Copyright 2004-2009 james anderson (lgpl)
- ported to clozure.
- Copyright 2010 james anderson (gal)