Join GitHub today
GitHub is home to over 28 million developers working together to host and review code, manage projects, and build software together.Sign up
Several people have independently discussed and worked toward creating user-friendly game creation IDE's with Lisp. Such an IDE might have the following features:
- Integrated Game Engines.
- Lisp code editing, browsing/folding, execution, debugging. GNU Emacs and SLIME are useful here, but other approaches are possible.
- Easy installation on any platform. QuickLisp and Blackthorn Starter Pack are candidates.
- Engine-agnostic AssetManagement. See also Org-babel.
- Workflow management. See Org mode.
- Editing assets of various types through either included code (for example engine-specific content editors), or by working with external programs like GIMP and Audacity.
- Easy exchange of different asset packs with included metadata.
- Lower barrier to entry for creators
- Eliminating platform lock-in for creators
- Rapid development/prototyping
- Easy to cross-compile self-contained .EXE, .DMG, AppImage
- Building cross-platform game creation communities
- More games