Easy and secure
Litewallet is the best way to get started with Litecoin. Our simple, streamlined design is easy for beginners, yet powerful enough for experienced users. This is a free app produced by the Litecoin Foundation.
The Litewallet Team is a group of global volunteers & part of the Litecoin Foundation that work hard to promote the use of Litecoin. Litewallet takes a lot of time and resources to improve and test features but we need your help. Please consider donating to one of our addresses:
|Hardware Campaign||General Litecoin Foundation|
|QR Code||QR Code|
Unlike other Android Litecoin wallets, Litewallet is a standalone Litecoin client. It connects directly to the Litecoin network using SPV mode, and doesn't rely on servers that can be hacked or disabled. Even if Litewallet is removed from the App Store, the app will continue to function, allowing users to access their valuable Litecoin at any time.
Litewallet utilizes AES hardware encryption, app sandboxing, and the latest Android security features to protect users from malware, browser security holes, and even physical theft. Private keys are stored only in the secure enclave of the user's phone, inaccessible to anyone other than the user.
Designed with new users in mind
Simplicity and ease-of-use is Litewallet's core design principle. A simple recovery phrase (which we call a paper key) is all that is needed to restore the user's wallet if they ever lose or replace their device. Litewallet is deterministic, which means the user's balance and transaction history can be recovered just from the paper key.
- "simplified payment verification" for fast mobile performance
- no server to get hacked or go down
- single backup phrase that works forever
- private keys never leave your device
- import password protected paper wallets
- "payment protocol" payee identity certification
Litewallet is available in the following languages:
- Chinese (Simplified and traditional)
Building & Developing Litewallet for Android:
- Download and install Java 7 or up
- Download and install the latest Android studio
- Download NDK r15c from the NDK Archives
- Clone this repo & init submodules
$ git clone https://github.com/litecoin-foundation/loafwallet-android $ git submodule init $ git submodule update
- Open the project with Android Studio, navigate to
File > Project Structure > SDK Location
Android NDK Locationwith the path to NDK r15c that you downloaded earlier
- Go to SDK Manager and download all the SDK Platforms and SDK Tools
- Build -> Rebuild Project
Litecoin source code is available at https://github.com/litecoin-project/litecoin