LoafWallet for Android
The easy and secure Litecoin wallet
LoafWallet is the best way to get started with Litecoin. Our simple, streamlined design is easy for beginners, yet powerful enough for experienced users. This is a port of the LoafWallet for iOS app which can be found here: https://github.com/litecoin-foundation/loafwallet-ios
Unlike other iOS Litecoin wallets, LoafWallet is a standalone Litecoin client. It connects directly to the Litecoin network using SPV mode, and doesn't rely on servers that can be hacked or disabled. Even if LoafWallet is removed from the App Store, the app will continue to function, allowing users to access their money at any time.
LoafWallet utilizes AES hardware encryption, app sandboxing, and the latest iOS security features to protect users from malware, browser security holes, and even physical theft. Private keys are stored only in the secure enclave of the user's phone, inaccessible to anyone other than the user.
Desgined with new users in mind
Simplicity and ease-of-use is LoafWallet's core design principle. A simple recovery phrase (which we call a paper key) is all that is needed to restore the user's wallet if they ever lose or replace their device. LoafWallet is deterministic, which means the user's balance and transaction history can be recovered just from the paper key.
- "simplified payment verification" for fast mobile performance
- no server to get hacked or go down
- single backup phrase that works forever
- private keys never leave your device
- import password protected paper wallets
- "payment protocol" payee identity certification
Building & Developing LoafWallet for Android:
- Download and install Java 7 or up
- Download and install the latest Android studio
- Download NDK r15c from the NDK Archives
- Clone this repo & init submodules
$ git clone https://github.com/litecoin-foundation/loafwallet-android $ git submodule init $ git submodule update
- Open the project with Android Studio, navigate to
File > Project Structure > SDK Location
Android NDK Locationwith the path to NDK r15c that you downloaded earlier
- Go to SDK Manager and download all the SDK Platforms and SDK Tools
- Build -> Rebuild Project