Superfluous is a Battlefield 2 server rcon administration program for Windows 2K/XP (also should work in Wine and 9x/ME), the server needs to be running BF2CC/ModManager scripts version 4.6 or later and PunkBuster be enabled.
- Very small, very fast and very low memory usage
- Match players on a wide variety of options
- Teamswap, kick, ban players with a reason
- View all player chat from team, squad, commander and global
- Send server chat
- Hotkey to redirect all keyboard input to Superfluous
- Alias frequently used commands
- Send raw commands to the server
|v1.00||6th February 2006|
|v1.04||21st January 2007||win32 i386|
The source code was released on 28th January 2008.
Compiled with Microsoft Visual Studio 6 which requires the Microsoft Platform SDK.
- Parts of the SDK which are required:
- Microsoft Windows Core SDK -> Build Environment -> Build Environment (x86 32-bit)
- Microsoft Web Workshop (IE) SDK -> Build Environment
- After installing the SDK add the following directories to Visual Studio (Tools -> Options -> Directories) at the top of the list:
- Include files: \Platform SDK (R2)\Include
- Library files: \Platform SDK (R2)\Lib
- Aggressive Optimizations: Quest for a smaller EXE size.
- DOS Stub: The 120 byte standard stub is far too big, the tiny one is 64 bytes which leaves room to use the extra bytes for something interesting.
- Windows Hook without external DLL: Usually an external DLL is required for windows hooks however this is not the case.
- During the release compile there's a bunch of warnings which can be safely ignored, they're part of making the smallest EXE possible.
- The "Enter rcon password" icon is an Archon from Blizzard's Starcraft with a padlock from Windows XP. Archon..rcon.. Geddit? Ha ha!
- As for the main icon, don't ask what icon you should use on IRC, ever. This is possibly where it's from.