Be notified of new releases
Create your free GitHub account today to subscribe to this repository for new releases and build software alongside 28 million developers.Sign up
This is a bug fix release for an issue caused by a heavy query to the Eth data provider (often times it's Infura).
We have received some bug reports that when starting a new node, they see a "EOF" error and stops. This release addresses that issue by skipping the heavy query when starting a brand new node.
This release contains the following changes:
- Transcoders will register their service URI onchain
- Transcoders can partially unbond based on LIP-8
- Broadcasters connect directly to transcoders
- Broadcasters will receive transcoded segments and be responsible for serving the video
- Broadcasters will attempt to re-use old jobs when receiving a new stream to save on gas cost
Please visit the livepeer documentation for more information.
This release fixes 3 issues:
- Transcoder continues to issue
rewardtransactions if the last transaction doesn't go through.
- Concurrency issue that closes the go channel that monitors for Ethereum events.
- Connection kept open when there is a video segmentation error.
This release contains changes that makes transcoder ops easier to manage.
- You can dynamically change the gas price from the cli.
- You can use the gas oracle by setting the gas price to
0, or omit the
-gasPriceflag when starting the node. The gas oracle automatically sets the gas price based on gas price in previous blocks.
- Reward call monitoring changed to pull-based logic to improve stability.
- Round initialization is off by default. You can turn it on by using the
- Changed to use
.tgzfiles to lower the Livepeer binary size.
This release contains fixes for:
- Restarting jobs across transcoder restarts
- Job serialization in local db
- Preventing segment replay attacks
This release contains changes in:
- Livepeer CLI - making the options more organized.
- Adding a local sqlite database. This is useful for many things - for example, restarting a transcoder in the middle of a job.
- Added a
-initializeRoundflag for transcoders.
- Updated connection methods to Ethereum - only use websocket connections when the node is running as a transcoder. This improves the connection stability of broadcasting nodes.
The first test release for the Ethereum mainnet. This release includes:
- Many networking bug fixes and networking protocol upgrade
- Changes in transcoder configuration (added a
- Log cleanup
- Settling on a ffmpeg version
- Upgrading major dependencies like libp2p, go-ipfs and go-ethereum
This release attempts to scale the Livepeer video network by creating highly connected bootnodes, transcoding nodes, and gateway nodes.
This release contains a few updates to the
- You no longer need to pass in
-transcoder. The CLI will query the node and automatically do the right thing.
- A new option to print out the latest jobs and their assignees.
It also contains some video bug fixes and some log cleanup.
This release contains the following updates:
-testnet. The node now only supports
- Reconnect logic for websockets. This accounts for the instability issues we are seeing with Infura.