Noctis is a colection of light & dark themes with a well balanced blend of warm and cold medium contrast colors.
The theme is designed to:
- be easy on the eyes thus reducing the eye strain
- give semantic meaning to theme's colors
Noctis comes in six versions. Five are dark and one is light.
The background of Noctis, Noctis Sereno & Noctis Obscuro is a very saturated very dark cold bluish cyan, Noctis Azureus' is a very saturated very dark cold azure and Noctis Uva's is a unsaturated dark cold blue.
Blue is a cool calming color that shows creativity and intelligence and has a calming effect on the psyche.
The Noctis Lux light theme's background is a very saturated very light warm orange.
Orange can increase oxygen supply to the brain to produce an invigorating effect.
- Lua (requires Lua Plus extension)
- Laravel Blade
- Scala (requires Scala Syntax extension)
- Visual Basic
I plan on adding support for new languages in the upcomming releases. Please feel free to open an issue if you'd like a new language supported or if you think something is off.
The Font used in the screenshots
The font in the screenshots are actually 2 fonts glued together with Custom CSS. For normal style I used Hasklig and for italics Cartograph Mono CF. I think there is a beautiful synergy between the two fonts and they intertwine naturally together.
The walkthrough is for Windows. I assume that for Unix and MacOS you would have to change only the path.
- IMPORTANT: Run as aministrator VS Code
- install Custom CSS and JS Loader
- download or copy the content of customvscode.css
- copy the file in
Users\yourusername\customvscode.css. This is what I have on my system
"editor.fontFamily": "Hasklig", "vscode_custom_css.imports": [ "file://C:/Users/yourusername/vscodecustom.css" ],
Enable Custom CSS and JS
- Reload VS Code (it doesn't have to be in administrator mode)
- if VS Code complains about that it is corrupted, simply click “Don't show again”.
- every time after VS Code is updated or you change the configuration, please re-enable Custom CSS
- make sure that you comment out the optional CSS code if you don't want to change the UI's default font.
Noctis can be installed by clicking on Ctrl + Shift + X on Windows or ⇧ + ⌘ + X on Mac and then searching for "Noctis".
This theme was inspired by the themes VS Dark+, Solarized, Vue, Cobalt2, One Dark, Dracula, Pure Syntax and many others.