metapost-mode+.el is an extension to old metapost-mode.el in GNU Emacs. It will add following new features to metapost-mode:
- Compile the .mp file and preview the results smartly by C-c C-c.
- Notify user when the compile is failed and jump to error line with C-c `.
- Support metapost with LaTeX labels.
- GNU Emacs 23.2+ (with corresponding version of metapost-mode.el and doc-view.el)
- Workable TeX/LaTeX installation, including ghostscript/epstopdf
- MacOSX Snow Leopard and Ubuntu are tested, other linux should work. Windows is not tested and probably breaks.
You can get the lastest version of metapost-mode+.el at github. Documentation is included in the source, or you can find it with discussion on emacswiki.
- Make sure your metapost, gs and epstopdf work. Try "metapost some.mp" and "epstopdf some.eps" to check it.
- Make sure your doc-view.el is newer than the corresponding version with GNU Emacs 23.2
- Add (require ‘metapost-mode+) to your .emacs
- Open some example in the test dir on github, such as MultiFigure.mp.
- C-c C-c to see the preview figure
Feedback and Suggestion
Feel free to give me feedback and suggestion on github or emacswiki, or via the email in source.
Thanks @johanvts to remind me this. But now it is under MIT license.