A native erlang implementation of D-Bus
D-BUs is now largely used in a lot of applications for language-independant, object-oriented RPC system.
The erlang platform needs an erlang native implementation.
- consume D-Bus services: ok
- connect through TCP and UNIX socket: ok
- connect through kernel: not ok (but can use unix socket emulation)
- tested: ok.
- erocci_backend_dbus includes a Python service with which eorcci_backend_dbus can interact
- Another implementation of the same D-Bus interface is used in another project (Java): https://github.com/gibello/erocci-dbus-java
- expose D-Bus services
- some authentication mechanisms are not implemented, but architectures allows for easy extension (see https://github.com/lizenn/erlang-dbus/blob/master/src/dbus_auth_cookie_sha1.erl, https://github.com/lizenn/erlang-dbus/blob/master/src/dbus_auth_external.erl and https://github.com/lizenn/erlang-dbus/blob/master/src/dbus_auth_anonymous.erl)
- more doc, more examples
- more tests: unit tests regarding (un)marshaling would be really great, even if the above mentioned xample has rather complex interfaces which works both with Python and Java implementations
- provide facilities for standard interfaces: Properties, ObjectManager, etc.