Pumilio is a PHP/MySQL application that serves as a sound archive manager and allows the user to load sound files in many formats and see the spectrogram of the sound, select regions of the sound for further analysis and insertion in a database, filter, and many other manipulations.
Copyright (©) 2010-2014 Luis J. Villanueva-Rivera (firstname.lastname@example.org) Licensed under the GPLv3
Citation: Villanueva-Rivera, Luis J., and Bryan C. Pijanowski. 2012. Pumilio: A Web-Based Management System for Ecological Recordings. Bulletin of the Ecological Society of America 93: 71-81. doi: 10.1890/0012-9623-93.1.71
This application uses several other open source tools and programs like:
- Blueprint CSS framework (http://blueprintcss.org/)
- SoX (http://sox.sourceforge.net/)
- wav2png script by Freesound.org (http://www.freesound.org/blog/?p=10)
- JW Player (http://www.longtailvideo.com/players/jw-flv-player/)
- Flot (http://www.flotcharts.org/)
- JPlayer (http://www.jplayer.org)
- Audiolab Python module (http://www.ar.media.kyoto-u.ac.jp/members/david/softwares/audiolab/sphinx/index.html)
- JCrop image cropping plugin (http://deepliquid.com/content/Jcrop.html)
- DByte (http://github.com/Xeoncross/DByte)
- Plupload (http://www.plupload.com)
- Mobile Detect (http://mobiledetect.net)
- Google Maps (http://maps.google.com)
- Google Web Fonts (http://www.google.com/webfonts)
- Ajax wait icons by Andrew B. Davidson (http://www.andrewdavidson.com/articles/spinning-wait-icons/)
- Crystal Project icons (http://everaldo.com/crystal/?action=downloads)
- Silk icons (http://www.famfamfam.com/lab/icons/silk/)
The name "pumilio" refers to the tropical frog known as the Strawberry Poison-dart Frog (Oophaga pumilio), a bold little critter that sings during the day without fear of being predated upon.
Feel free to contribute code, ideas, suggestions, bugs, etc.
Read the INSTALLATION file to install and the UPGRADE file to upgrade.
Check the website for an installatio overview, guides, and videos:
Versions with a ".dev" suffix are not official and are in the middle of development. Use these versions with caution as some features may be broken.
To prevent access to the original sound files from the web (for example, someone trying to download your whole dataset), rename the file "htaccess" to ".htaccess" (starting with a period) and place it in the main folder of the application. The apache server must be configured to allow this option.
sudo a2enmod rewrite sudo service apache2 restart
For other distros or options, please consult your administrator.
You can also visit the project page for more information: http://ljvillanueva.github.io/pumilio