R package with functions to calculate indices for soundscape ecology and other ecology research that uses audio recordings.
- Normalized Difference Soundscape Index (NDSI) from REAL and Kasten et al. 2012.
- Acoustic Complexity Index (ACI) from Pieretti et al. 2011.
- Acoustic Diversity Index (ADI) from Villanueva-Rivera et al. 2011.
- Bioacoustic Index from Boelman et al. 2007.
- measure_signals() - This function lets the user select bounding boxes to get statistics of the signals of interest in a sound file.
- multiple_sounds() - Function to extract the specified index from all the wav or flac files in a directory. The results, including the filename and wave technical details, are saved to a csv file. If the computer has multiple cores, it can run files in parallel.
- sound_raster() - This function creates a raster file in ASCII format from the spectrogram of a soundfile.
The package is available from CRAN: http://cran.r-project.org/web/packages/soundecology/