This script is of 2006. It's a old script but you can use it for your migration project and update it (pull request or code review).
It converts from a Xoops 2.0 board (CBB or newBB) to a PunBB 1.0.
This script converts
- PHP4 or higher.
- php-cli to start the script from the command line. I have not tested with a browser but it should work anyway.
- Some knowledge of php.
- Groups of members: The permissions will be the same for all groups. They will therefore change later.
- Xoops allowing multiple groups to a single member, that punBB do not, the members are all tarred with the same group members (id = 4).
- Another small subtlety punBB, the member ID 1 is the guest, we must not have a member with uid = 1 under Xoops. If this is your case, you will have a small mill by modifying my script.
- Avatars must put them all in the correct folders (img / avatars).
- Posts: It is the big piece, there is a batch processing for large databases.