James in the Dungeon of Slime
To play the JSD, you need to download the repository and open the
index.html file. All dependencies will be loaded through
To play online, you can access the game here:
To start, clone the repository to your local machine:
git clone https://github.com/lloan/JDS.git
Navigate to the folder, within the root of the folder, find the
index.html file and open it with your browser.
How to Play
The goal of the game is to kill all the slime and get the key. Enemies are randomly spawned in number and location. What is the highest score you can get? If you're lucky, you might get several potions spawned.
- You can move the player character with the
arrow keys[up, down, left, right].
shift + arrow Keysmakes your player character move faster.
- Pressing the
space barallows your player character to attack slime.
- If player is within proximity of any slime character, the slime will start following to attack.
- Potions can be picked up, they heal you +50 each. Spawned randomly.
- Number of enemies are spawned randomly.
Under the Hood
- Audio - handles audio resources
- Debug - handles debugging functions. Example:
- Engine - handles main game engine logic
- Entity - template for building entities - supports sprite animation.
- Game - handles the game logic as the composer, putting everything together.
- Resources - handles loading of image resources.
- Screen - handles screens such as intro, winning, losing, etc.
- Google Fonts - VT323
To contribute to the project, you can add suggestions for features, bug reports or design enhancements. You can also fork a copy of this game and make it your own.
- Sounds: https://freesound.org/people/LittleRobotSoundFactory/
- Music: https://gameaudiofactory.bandcamp.com/album/dungeon-of-the-endless-soundtrack
- Sprites: Purchased from https://pita.itch.io/rpg-dungeon-tileset (further customized with Photoshop)