Multisite Language Switcher
Please keep in mind that the version of the Multisite Language Switcher at GitHub is a work in progress.
composer install --no-dev if you plan to use the repository anyways.
Download the latest stable from the WordPress Plugin Directory and please, don't forget to give this plugin a (five) star-rating.
A simple, powerful and easy to use plugin that will add multilingual support to a WordPress multisite installation, i.e. multiple subdomains or folders (if you need to set up multiple sites across multiple domains, you'll also want to use the WordPress MU Domain Mapping plugin as well - as long as the domains are all hosted on the same server.).
The Multisite Language Switcher enables you to manage translations of posts, pages, custom post types, categories, tags and custom taxonomies.
- Download the plugin and uncompress it with your preferred unzip programme
- Copy the entire directory in your plugin directory of your WordPress blog (/wp-content/plugins)
- Activate the plugin in your plugin administration page (by the network administrator on all the blogs or by the root blog administrator for each particular blog).
- You need to activate the plugin once in each blog, set the configuration in Options -> Multisite Language Switcher
Now you can:
- connect your translated pages and posts in Posts -> Edit or Page -> Edit
- connect your translated categories and tags in Posts -> Categories or Post -> Tags
- connect your Custom Post Types and Custom Taxonomies across languages
- use the widget, the shortcode [sc_msls] and/or a content_filter which displays a hint to the user if a translation is available
- optionally you can place the PHP code
<?php if ( function_exists( 'the_msls' ) ) the_msls(); ?>directly in your theme files
Review the Multisite Language Switcher Website for more information.
Thanks to all translators for their great work.
- German (de_DE) - Dennis Ploetner
- Italian (it_IT) - Antonella Cucinelli
- Dutch (nl_NL) - Alexandra Kleijn
- Brazillian Portuguese (pt_BR) - Victor
- Spanish (es_ES) - Andreas Breitschopp
- French (fr_FR) - Andreas Breitschopp
- Russian (ru_RU) - Andrey Vystavkin
- Ukrainian (uk) - Victor Melnichenko
- Croatian (hr_HR) - Brankec69
- Romanian (ro_RO) - Armand K
- Polish (pl_PL) - Kamil Frejlich
- Lithuanian (lt_LT) - Ovidijus Pukys
- Catalan (ca_ES) - Joan López
- Czech (cs_CZ) - Rastr
- Hungarian (hu_HU) - RobiG
- Georgian (ka_GE) - Jas Saran
- Greek (el) - Christoforos Aivazidis
- Serbian (sr_RS) - Web Hosting Hub
- Turkish (tr) - Alican Cakil
- Armenian (hy_AM) - Yeghishe Nersisyan
- Bengali (bn_BD) - Md. Nazmul Huda
- Japanese (ja) - ThemeBoy
- Swedish (sv_SE) - Erik Bernskiold
- Traditional & Simplified Chinese (zh_CN & zh_TW) - DrBenson
- Arabic (ar) - Mohamed Elwan
- Norwegian (nb_NO) - Ibrahim Qraiqe
- Bulgarian (bg_BG) - Vencislav Raev
If you have created your own language pack, or have an update of an existing one, you can send me your gettext PO and MO so that I can bundle it into the Multisite Language Switcher. You can download the latest POT file from here.