Stately is an unofficial NationStates app for Android.
- Get your nation's stats, policies, rankings and happenings.
- Respond to issues encountered by your nation.
- Login and switch between different nations.
- Browse through and move to different regional communities.
- Chat with other players and more in RMBs.
- Observe and vote on current World Assembly resolutions.
- Endorse nations and participate in R/D gameplay.
- Read, manage, write and reply to telegrams.
- Discover trends in national, regional and world census statistics.
- Compile all your happenings together with the Activity Feed.
- Get notified and stay up to date on new issues, telegrams and other events.
- Make it your own: choose between five different themes and more.
Detailed release notes and APKs can be found in the releases page.
- 1.10.4 - Removed Crashlytics, census scale fixes, Android 11 support, bug fixes and improvements.
- 1.10.3 - Bug fixes and improvements.
- 1.10.2 - Support new census scales, alphabetical sort, longer trend graphs, visual polishes.
- 1.10.1 - Bug fixes and improvements.
- 1.10.0 - New logo, nation policies support.
- 1.9.3 - Z-Day improvements.
- 1.9.2 - Edit RMB posts, regional voting data in resolutions, Android Oreo support, bug fixes and improvements.
- 1.9.1 - Bug fix for aggressive notification service for Lollipop and above.
- 1.9.0 - New logo, issue decision API, Android O prep, bug fixes and improvements.
- 1.8.3 - Bug fixes and improvements.
- 1.8.2 - Issue images, WA badges, app licenses, bug fixes and improvements.
- 1.8.1 - Bug fixes and improvements.
- 1.8.0 - RMB suppressions, WA resolution vote breakdown, visual polishes, bug fixes and other improvements.
- 1.7.6 - Bug fixes and improvements.
- 1.7.5 - Bug fixes and improvements.
- 1.7.4 - Hotfix to deal with illegal state fragment transaction crashes.
- 1.7.3 - Hotfix for Z-Day.
- 1.7.2 - Z-Day support, issues API, bug fixes and other improvements.
- 1.7.1 - Restore text selection, bug fixes and other improvements.
- 1.7.0 - Notifications, themes, World, census rankings, open old resolutions, improved telegrams, region polls, dossier.
- 1.6.3 - Enable move to SD card, bug fixes and improvements.
- 1.6.2 - Bug fixes and improvements.
- 1.6.1 - Bug fix for rare EditText crash.
- 1.6.0 - API-based login, drawer unread count, telegram organization, reporting, swipe to close screens.
- 1.5.5 - Remove Guava, confirm app exit, UI changes, bug fixes and improvements.
- 1.5.4 - Bug fixes and improvements.
- 1.5.3 - Bug fixes.
- 1.5.2 - Hotfix for spoiler links.
- 1.5.1 - Better spoiler support, bug fixes.
- 1.5.0 - RMB improvements, census rankings/trends, vectorized icons, bug fixes and improvements.
- 1.4.2 - Additional safety checks, bug fixes and improvements.
- 1.4.1 - Bug fixes and improvements.
- 1.4.0 - Telegram support, increased network timeout.
- 1.3.4 - Bug fixes and improvements.
- 1.3.3 - Improved issue results screen.
- 1.3.2 - Bug fix for possible missing HTML element in issue results.
- 1.3.1 - Support for instant issues, bug fix for issue preventing login.
- 1.3.0 - Endorsements, move regions, RMB quote/delete, User-Agent, removed ads.
- 1.2.3 - Bug fixes and improvements.
- 1.2.2 - Fix bug where issue option header may be different from index.
- 1.2.1 - Fix bugs with detached fragment and missing HtmlTextViews.
- 1.2.0 - Activity feed, improved BBCode parsing, Material dialogs, Flurry.
- 1.1.0 - Multi-nation login, RMB posting, WA voting, rate limiter.
- 1.0.1 - Fix bug with malformed vectors.
- 1.0.0 - Initial release.
Stately is an open-source project — contributions are always welcome! Please keep in mind the following project tenets before working with Stately code:
- Improve the NationStates experience, don't detract from it. NationStates players should be able to jump right into Stately and figure out how things work intuitively. Features shouldn't stray too far from convention and confuse players.
- The Material Design aesthetic comes first. Stately prides itself on its clean, sleek and modern interface based on Material Design. Features should match or improve upon the app's existing aesthetic.
- Security and privacy are paramount. Stately should only interact with NationStates when handling user data. Other than receiving crash reports, Stately's developers should not be aware of any actions in the app.
- Compatibility should be maintained whenever possible. Stately runs on a variety of Android devices. Future updates should work on both modern flagship phones and on older devices we've previously supported.
- Off-the-shelf solutions work better in the long run. To keep Stately robust, changes should be built on stock Android libraries and existing dependencies. Data consumed from the NationStates API should be from documented shards.
All proposed changes to the app should be submitted as pull requests to the main GitHub repository. Additionally, major changes (e.g. new features or UI changes) should have a tracking issue for it. The project owner will work with the contributor on getting their code released in an app update through these channels.
Stately is entirely dependent on NationStates and its API, which provides in-game content (such as issues and nation descriptions) solely in English; a significant portion of Stately will therefore still be in English even if every in-app string is translated into another language. As a result, in-app string translations will not be accepted at this time.
Stately uses the following open-source libraries:
- Evo Inflector
- Material Components for Android
- Simple XML
- Sugar ORM
Stately uses Creative Commons-licensed content from the following sources:
Copyright 2016-2020 Lloyd Torres Licensed under the Apache License, Version 2.0 (the "License"); you may not use this file except in compliance with the License. You may obtain a copy of the License at http://www.apache.org/licenses/LICENSE-2.0 Unless required by applicable law or agreed to in writing, software distributed under the License is distributed on an "AS IS" BASIS, WITHOUT WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OF ANY KIND, either express or implied. See the License for the specific language governing permissions and limitations under the License.