Jupyter/IPython notebooks about genetic and evolutionary computation
Luis Martí -- http://lmarti.com
This repository contains the Jupyter/IPython notebooks used in the demonstration classes of my course "Advanced Evolutionary Computation: Theory and Practice", which I taught as part of the PhD in Electrical Engineering, Department of Electrical Engineering of the Pontifícia Universidade Católica do Rio de Janeiro.
Note: Although I am not currently giving this course I am updating the notebooks from time to time to meet software updates and remove bugs.
- AEC.01 - A Fast (and Furious) Introduction to Python.ipynb
- AEC.02 - Elements of Evolutionary Algorithms.ipynb
- AEC.03 - Solving the TSP with GAs.ipynb
- AEC.04 - Evolutionary Strategies and Covariance Matrix Adaptation.ipynb
- AEC.06 - Evolutionary Multi-Objective Optimization.ipynb
A note on viewing the notebooks
These notebooks are meant to be viewed as slides. That is why they contain relatively few text and mostly graphical information. However, nothing stops you from viewing them as regular notebooks. Note that
nbviewer allows you to switch the notebooks "slides" mode.
Offline (local) slides
- You can convert them to slides and view them locally by using
nbconvertwith a command like:
$ jupyter nbconvert --to slides --post serve <a-notebook-name.ipynb>